TWRP: the complete guide to using Recovery on Android
Applications like titanium backup help to organize this Bloatware. If this method did not work out like in our case only then proceed to install patched boot.img. Here is the full list of Fastboot commands if you want to further customize the experience. You need this to flash a custom ROM, Kernel, mod, stock ROM and other .zip or .img files. When you launch the app for the first time, you’ll be prompted to grant it root permissions. Once done, it’ll complete its setup process and you’ll need to click through the disclaimer.
- It simply restores everything just the way it was created.
- Popular custom ROMs like LineageOS also maintain download portals, from which you can directly grab the most up-to-date build without much hassle.
- Tap the + icon in FlashFire and select Flash firmware package.
The files on your device should remain, but it’s a good idea to back them up anyway. If you’re here, you’ve probably already read our guides on how to unlock your bootloader and install TWRP recovery.
The backup size may be bigger, depending upon your usage. It would be best if you had strong internet connectivity to backup all your files into google drive. Once the upload process completes, you can restore the full backup anytime. The backup files will be there forever in your google drive account until and unless you delete it.
Google One integrates this part during its initial setup process, but you may not be interested in using Google One. Google Photos is a great standalone backup option if you’re only concerned with saving your photos and videos. Next, during the installation phase, you have to recreate the internal data partition from scratch, which means another wipe is necessary. There is absolutely no need to worry, as we have a detailed guide to help you back up every aspect of your phone’s data. Just make sure you do that, so it’s easy to restore your data once you install a new ROM.
- Here is a collection of all the stock firmwares for Xperia Z3 ready to be flashed on your device with TWRP.
- In this step, you can either use Magisk or Kingroot Android apps to root your device.
- To backup or create a read-back of your Mediatek smartphone ROM that can be flashed on another device via SP Flashtool, follow the instructions here carefully.
- Finally, if you face any difficulty, then kindly drop a comment below.
- But to make sure you take everything to your new device, you need a full backup.
One of the main uses of a custom recovery is to flash a custom ROM. It is possible to boot into this partition, enabling you to power on and access the files on your phone without loading the Android OS. Because Android isn’t loaded, the Android system files are not placed in memory, which means they can be accessed, edited and replaced. I’m glad that now you are able to flash any Custom ROM on your Android device. It’s kinda fun having an Android phone and then completely customizing it according to your taste.